Sometimes you need a little support—a little inspiration, if you will—to stay motivated and balanced. But it can also be really hard to find the right inspirational quote to cheer you up when you're down. we collected onemaster list of our favorite quotesand words to help you.
Quotes for when life is hard
Life is not easy, not for any of us. Each of us has our own battles to fight and obstacles to overcome. When you go, keep theseencouraging quotesin mind.
1. “We all want to be loved. We all want to feel accepted. We all want to feel satisfied. And life is hard.” -Hayley Kiyoko
2. "I cannot change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination." - Jimmy Dean
3. “Start by doing the necessary; so do what you can; and suddenly you do the impossible.” -Francisco de Assis
4. "Nothing is impossible, the very word says 'I am possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
5. "It is in our darkest moments that we must concentrate to see the light." - Aristotle Onassis
6. "In the midst of difficulty lies opportunity." -Albert Einstein
7. "Life is found in the dance between your deepest desire and your greatest fear." -Tony Robbins
8. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that's all.” -Oscar Wilde
9. "The unfailing mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the ordinary." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. "Always keep your face to the sun - and the shadows will fall behind you." -Walt Whitman
11. "If you fell yesterday, get up today." -H.G. wells
Offer for implementation
Military spouses know that deployments test a person like nothing else. Find some important quotes that help balance your soul andmotivate you through hard timesit is crucial for many of us. We love these specific quotes that are perfect for implementation.
12. “Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue consistently. We cannot be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest. – Maya Angelou
13. "I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past." -Thomas Jefferson
14. "Storms cause trees to put down deeper roots." - Dolly Parton
15. "If you are brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with another hello." - Paulo Coelho
16. "Although we cannot control what happens to us, we can control what happens within us." -Benjamin Franklin
17. “Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
18. “The two most patient warriors are patience and time.” -Leo Tolstoy
19. "Consider that great loves and great conquests involve great risks." - The Dalai Lama
20. "A season of loneliness and isolation is when the caterpillar grows its wings. Remember that the next time you feel lonely. -Mandy Hale
21. “Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you.” - Aldous Huxley
Quotes for when work is hard
Work can be, well, a lot of work. Jobs, even ones you love or are passionate about, can often be a struggle. If you hit onedifficult phase in your career, read these quotes to help you continue.
22. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do a lot.” - Helen Keller
23. “I have been exposed to fierce competition all my life. I wouldn't know how I would manage without it.” -Walt Disney
24. "Either you rule the day or the day decides you." -Jim Rohn
25. “Success is not the absence of failure; it is persistence through failure.” -Aisha Tyler
26. "Fortunately, persistence is a good substitute for talent." -Steve Martin
27. "Failure is like a caterpillar before it becomes a butterfly." - Peta Kelly
28. "Integrity is the essence of all that is successful." -R. buckminster fuller
29. "A problem is a chance for you to do your best." – Duke Ellington
Quotes For When You're Feeling Down
We all feel down at times, but what we do next is just as important. To help keep your head above water, read these inspirational quotes that can give youpositive boost you need.
30. "Don't judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fall and get back up." -Nelson Mandela
31. "It's not if you get knocked down, it's if you get up." -Vince Lombardi
32. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I cannot accept not trying.” -Michael Jordan
33. "If you do the best in this moment, you will place yourself in the best place in the next moment." -Oprah Winfrey
34. "You can never plan the future from the past." -Edmund Burke
35. “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunny.” - Jack Ma
36. "We revel in the beauty of the butterfly, but we rarely acknowledge the changes it went through to achieve that beauty." - Maya Angelou
37. “Motivation is what gets you going. Habit is what keeps you going.” -Jim Ryun
38. "The biggest mistake you can make is to be constantly afraid of making one." - Elbert Hubbard
39. "Worry never robs tomorrow of your sadness; it just uses up its strength today. -A.J. Cronin
quotes for courage
Life requires courage, big and small. We love these quotes that remind us to have courage and keep going!
40. "I've learned that when I decide on something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." - Maya Angelou
41. “Optimism is the belief that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and trust.” – Helen Keller
42. "He who has courage and faith will never perish in misery." - Anne Frank
43. "Sometimes painful things can teach us lessons we didn't think we needed to know." -Amy Poehler
44. “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is up to you. -Wayne Dyer
45. "Yesterday is only today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream." - Khalil Gibran
46. "Heroes are ordinary people who become extraordinary." - Gerard Way
47. "True courage is when you know you're beaten before you start, but you start anyway and see it through no matter what." - Harper Lee
48. "Every exit is an entrance somewhere else." -Tom Stoppard
Quotes for when you need motivation
We're all stuck in a rut, and it can be hard to give ourselves the push we need to shake things up. Which is exactly what these motivational quotes provide!
49. "Believe you can and you'll already be halfway there." - Theodore Roosevelt
50. "It's never too late to be what you could have been." -George Eliot
51. "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." -Carol Burnett
52. “To succeed, you have to fail, right? You cycle, you fail; you try a few times, you get it.” -Jaques Torres.
53. "Do the hard things while they are easy, and the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao Tzu
54. "It's incredibly empowering to know that your future is in your hands." - Keanu Reeves
55. "Ambition is the road to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in." -Bill Bradley
56. “Strength does not come from victory. Your battles are based on your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to give up, that's strength.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger
57. "If your ship won't come in, swim for it!" -Jonathan Winters
58. "It's much more satisfying to reach for the stars, even if you only end up landing on the moon." - Kermit the Frog
Quotes to help you keep going
The middle of the race is always the hardest part, but the payoff is at the finish line. We have collected these quotes to help you carry on till the end.
59. "Just keep swimming." -Ellen DeGeneres in Finding Nemo
60. "We must give up the life we planned to accept what awaits us." -Joseph Campbell
61. "Let's make our future now and make our dreams the reality of tomorrow." -Malala Yousafzai
62. “I'm a big crooked optimist. I try to highlight the positive as opposed to the negative." - Betty White
63. "In the midst of chaos there is also opportunity." -Sun Tzu
64. "You're never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream." -C.S. Lewis
65. "There's a rainbow in the sky, all the time, don't be blind." - Ziggy Marley
66. "Don't let yesterday eat up too much of today." - Will Rodgers
67. "Genius is the ability to renew one's feelings in daily experience." - Paul Cezanne
68. "Persistence is failing 19 times and winning 20." - Julie Andrews
69. "Even the worst haircut ends up growing." -Lisa Kogan
Quotes About Loving Yourself
It all starts with loving yourself – everything flows from there. But it can be difficult to appreciate one's own beauty and achievements in the midst of a difficult period. Read these quotes to remind yourself how amazing you really are!
70. "A winner is a dreamer who never gives up." -Nelson Mandela
71. "I exist as I am, that's enough." - Walt Whitman
72. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
73. "Your worth is what you are, not what you have." -Thomas Edison
74. “A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.” - Chinese proverb
75. "Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends." - Aberjhani
76. "I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship." - Louisa May Alcott
77. "Believe in yourself. Stay in your own lane. There is only one you. -Queen Latifah
We love these quotes, but maybe you need something a little different - and this is 100% perfect! We love the collectionsmart quotedeReader's Digestto find inspiration. Or maybe you show up togood housekeepingto your next mantra.
When you find the perfect inspirational or motivational quotes, share them with us! We're always looking for new positive quotes and sayings to help uplift and inspire.
- 5 Bible verses and a prayer about implantation
- 60 Bible verses about protection against danger
Meg Flanagan is a teacher, blogger and military wife. She hasMeg Flanagan Educational Solutions, an education advocacy company dedicated to serving families on the K-12 journey. You can find MegFacebook. And alsoavailableas a freelance writer and advocate for personal education!